As I said in previous posts of LinkedIn, it is not enough to only create an account on LinkedIn but you have to customize your profile properly. In this post, we will be talking about how to set up a custom or public URL to your profile that looks more relevant. It is very important to set up LinkedIn public URL to your profile.
How to Build a Company Page on LinkedIn | Why Your Business Need a Company Page on LinkedIn
The default URL of your profile which automatically assigned to the profile by LinkedIn is a mix of names, some numbers; that are difficult to remember.
How to Create Your Custom Profile LinkedIn URL
- Log into your account at linlkedin.com on your desktop browser.
- After successfully log into at LinkedIn home page, click on your profile photo “Me” icon at the top of your LinkedIn Homepage.
- Click the View Profile
- Now click Edit public profile & URL on the top right side.
- This will open a new window Edit My Public Profile. Under “Edit your custom URL” in the top right side click the edit icon (pencil icon)
- Type the last part of the username or profile URL and click the save. It will be an address that looks like www.linkedin.com/in/yourname
Tips for URL
- Your URL must be between 5 and 30 characters.
- It may be a mix of letters and nimber or only letters.
- If your name is available as URL that means no one chooses the same URL on LinkedIn, always sat your full name as URL. Suppose your name is Jhon Smith; your URL must be like www.linkedin.com/in/jhonsmith or www.linkedin.com/in/smiothjhon
- If your name is not available chose some letters to mix up with name instead of choosing numbers, because it looks great.
- It is good to add URL the same as which you use on Twitter, Facebook, and other social platforms. It improves the search result of your name in search engines.
Why You Need to Set up a Custom URL
Your name must be different from any other user at LinkedIn. You must have to add a unique URL to your profile. It makes you unique at LinkedIn. It is very important because the default URL of LinkedIn is mix fo numbers that do not look good.
And it’s going to be more important when you are finding a job on LinkedIn.
- It improves your search result on both LinkedIn as well as Search Engines like Google and Bing.
- It is easy to memorable and relevant to share with others online as well as offline.
- You can add it to your Twitter Bio and other social profiles too.
- You can add it to your Facebook about section. After adding to Facebook, anyone can easily find you on LinkedIn with the help of Facebook too.
- You can add the LinkedIn profile URL to your consulting business cards.
So, I hope you understand the importance of adding URL to your LinkedIn profile. If you have any queries and questions about LinkedIn fell free to comment or contact through the contact form.
I don’t want to bore you with a long post, we will meet you soon in the next post of LinkedIn… Keep reading ….. Keep learning with easily teach it is very easy to learn anything from Easily teach in an easy way and with easy language. If you like this series post on LinkedIn, do not forget to share with your colleagues and friend.